Reception's Class Page - 2017 - 2018
Welcome to Reception!
Your class teachers are Miss McNally, Miss Melville and Miss Slattery
Your teaching assistants are Mrs Morgan and Mrs Clayton
A few reminders for your child starting at St Matthew's
- please ensure that your child is on time for school. We open our doors at 8:45am and registration is at 8:55am (children arriving after this time will receive a late mark).
- ensure all uniform is labelled with your child's full name (including shoes, coats and bags).
- your child can bring in a healthy snack each day (no chocolate or crisps)
- we spend lots of our time outdoors so please feel free to leave wellies and raincoats in school for the colder months - again please clearly label these items.
- book bags need to be brought into school every day (containing their school reading book, reading record and Phonics booklets).
Safer Internet Day
We celebrated Safer Internet Day at St Matthew's by playing some fun games to make us more aware of how we are all connected online and how to stay safe on the internet.
Music and Movement
This week the children had a special visit from two ladies from Sure Start, we sang some lovely songs and got play musical instruments.
The Story Barn
We have had a fantastic day at The Story Barn; we went on an adventure using our imaginations to create our very own story. We also listened to stories and at the end of the day, we chose a book to take home so that we can share our love of stories with others.
When will it hatch?
This term we have been learning all about dinosaurs. The children are very excited because we found a 'real dinosaur egg' in our classroom. We have been waiting patiently for it to hatch but so far we can only see some small cracks in the shell...I wonder how long it will take?
Irish Dancing with Danielle
The Emperor's New Clothes Performance
We have been working very hard with our reading and writing in our first term at School
Numbers, Numbers Everywhere!
Cookery with parents
Making chocolate reindeers out of chocolate Mini Rolls
We had a fantastic time on our first school trip to the Blue Planet Aquarium!
Reenacting Baptism in our RE topic
During our first half term at St Matthew's we have enjoyed learning about counting objects to 10, 2D shapes and repeating patterns!
The children were investigating how fast the cars can travel down the ramps. Will water make them go faster or slower?
Music with Rosie
Dance, Dance, Dance
Role playing in Reception
A fun morning with George singing our 'sounds'