Reception's Class Page - 2018 - 2019
Welcome to Reception!
Your class teachers are
Miss McNally, Miss Melville and Miss Connor.
Your teaching assistants are
Mrs Morgan and Mrs Clayton.
A few reminders for your child starting at St Matthew's
- please ensure that your child is on time for school. We open our doors at 8:45am and registration is at 8:55am (children arriving after this time will receive a late mark).
- ensure all uniform is labelled with your child's full name (including shoes, coats and bags).
- your child can bring in a healthy snack each day (no chocolate or crisps)
- we spend lots of our time outdoors so please feel free to leave wellies and raincoats in school for the colder months - again please clearly label these items.
- book bags need to be brought into school every day (containing their school reading book, reading record and Phonics booklets).
Please click on the link below to download the
Welcome Meeting Powerpoint.
This will give you all the information needed regarding your child starting school at St Matthew's.
Music with Rosie
We love our music lessons with Rosie! This week we enjoyed using the different musical instruments and working on our listening skills.
This week in dance we learnt a new dance to a famous song from the Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. We really enjoy our dance sessions with our dance teacher Danielle, they're fun and active which is very important for our development in Reception.
Baby clinic visitor
Today we had a visit from Mrs Dillon and baby Lyra. Mrs Dillon told us all about how she looks after Lyra and how important the baby clinic is and what happens there. She also explained all about the injections the baby has and why they are so important for the babies.
Today the children were introduced to DigiDog who is our online safety class dog. The children chose a name for our special dog and every child will have the opportunity to take our DigiDog home over the weekends to support with online safety at home!
Our first PE lesson
We had so much fun in our first PE lesson with Colin our PE teacher. Being active is very important for us in the Early Years. This week we played active games which involved lots of counting.
Our first week in Reception at St Matthew's
We have all settled into our new school so well and have had lots of fun already. We can't wait to learn this year.