Reception's Class Page 2019-2020
Welcome to Reception!
Your class teachers are
Miss McNally, Miss Melville and Miss Connor.
Your teaching assistants are
Mrs Morgan and Mrs Price.
A few reminders for your child starting at
- please ensure that your child is on time for school. We open our doors at 8:45am and registration is at 8:55am (children arriving after this time will receive a late mark).
- ensure all uniform is labelled with your child's full name (including shoes, coats and bags).
- your child can bring in a healthy snack each day (no chocolate or crisps)
- we spend lots of our time outdoors so please feel free to leave wellies and raincoats in school for the colder months - again please clearly label these items.
- book bags need to be brought into school every day (containing their school reading book, reading record and Phonics booklets).
Please click on the link below to download the
Welcome Meeting Powerpoint.
This will give you all the information needed regarding your child starting school at St Matthew's.
Messing Morning - Under the sea topic
What a fantastic time we had!
The children had so much fun in scribble disco this week - scribbling away to Proud Mary! It is really helping build the muscles in their hands and beginning to develop their pencil control.
On Wednesday we enjoyed our first dance lesson with Anna. We learnt some ballerina skills and practiced balancing on one leg.
Our first PE lesson
We had so much fun in our first PE lesson. Being active is very important for us in the Early Years. This week we learnt some basic skills and played some active games which involved lots of counting.
Settling in at St Matthew's
We have had a great time settling into our new class. We have made lots of new friends and learnt all our teachers names.