School Council 2019 - 2020
One representative is chosen from each class and will hold the post for the academic year. The School Council does a number of things:
- They share the thoughts and views of their class with the rest of the Council.
- They provide ideas for things that they would like to see happening in school and can request equipment and staff support to implement ideas.
- The school council meets, with Mrs Pritchard – to discuss and sort out problems. These may include school lunches, behaviour or ideas for fundraising events.
- Members of the school council are responsible for carrying out the ideas that have been agreed.
What are the aims of the school council?
- To make sure that our school is a safe and happy place for children.
- To make sure that children have a place to voice their concerns.
- To encourage all children in the school to suggest improvements.
- To make sure any suggestions or concerns are listened to and acted upon.
What jobs are there?
Each year, an election day is held. Pupils who wish to be on the school council put themselves forward, explaining why they would make a good school council representative.
On election day, every pupil from Year 1-6 votes for one candidate from each class who they wish to be on the school council.
The new council then elects officers such as:
- Vice Chair
What makes our school council a good one?
“We want to make a difference”
“We will be good role models and treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves”
” We listen to other people”
“We make sure if anyone has a problem or an idea, they are heard”
“We will raise money for people who need our help”
“We will be up-standers and not let anyone be left out or bullied”
These are some things that make our school council effective:
- Regular meetings
- A council that is not too big
- Good communication between representatives and their class
- Work with visitors (from our community) and teachers on specific events or issues
- What activities should we have in our school and why?
- How would you make our school better?
- How do you help children have fun?
We raised a total of: