Free School Meals
Changes to Free School Meals Eligibility under Universal Credit
The eligibility criteria for free school meals have been changed. This letter explains the changes and how they might affect you.
What are the new eligibility criteria?
Children are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents/guardians receive any of the benefits below:
- Universal credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16, 190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please read the letter below for further details.
If you think your child may be eligible for free school meals please apply by calling into the school office for an application or by using the link below to download a form. The school office staff can then make the application for you online.