Hello Year 3
I hope you are all doing great and enjoying some time with your families. I know the next few week will be strange but you are all superstars and will be brilliant!
Here are some of the things that we were looking at in school that you could work on at home.
Try and keep up with your daily acts of kindness, remember to wash your hands and have lots of FUN with your families.
See you all very soon
- 3D Transition Booklet.pdf
- Learning Pack week commencing 13th July.docx
- Friday 10th July Daily Learning.docx
- Thursday 9th July Daily Learning.docx
- Wednesday 8th July your Daily Learning.docx
- Tuesday 7th July Daily Learning.docx
- The Titanic time line day 2.ppt
- Monday 6th July Daily Learning.docx
- Learning pack 3 part 2 How the UK Works.pdf
- RMS TITANIC IN COLOUR!!!!!!!.avi
- Titanic New sinking theory.avi
- Titanic Fact Cards.pdf
- Titanic Fact File.pdf
- All about the Titanic.ppt
- Friday 3rd July learning.docx
- Thursday 2nd July learning.docx
- Lesson Presentation Where in the World.pptx
- Wednesday 1st July 2020.docx
- Lesson Presentation Journey to the Centre of the Earth.pptx
- Tuesday 30th June 2020.docx
- Lesson Presentation Fossil Finders.pptx
- Monday 29th June.docx
- Lesson Presentation George Washington Carver.pptx
- Punctuating Speech.ppt
- St Peter and Paul Activity.docx
- St Peter and St Paul.ppt
- Friday 26th June daily learning.docx
- Thursday 25th June Daily Learning.docx
- Lesson Presentation Marie Curie.pptx
- Wednesday 24th June daily learning.docx
- Tuesday 23rd June Daily Learning.docx
- Monday 22nd June Learning.docx
- Lesson Presentation Plant Hunters.pptx
- Week 2 Friday 19th June.docx
- Week 2 Thursday 18th June.docx
- Week 2 Wednesday 17th June.docx
- Henry Moore Lesson Presentation.ppt
- Week 2 Tuesday 16th June.docx
- Week 2 Monday 15th June.docx
- The Titanic and Liverpool.pptx
- Home Learning Friday 12th June Y3.docx
- Julian Opie Drawing Outlines in Felt Tip.ppt
- Home Learning Thursday 11th June Y3.docx
- WW2 and Liverpool Docks.pptx
- Home Learning Wednesday 10th June Y3.docx
- The Royal Albert Dock A Time Line.docx
- Home learning Tuesday 9th June Y3.docx
- Home Learning Monday 8th June Y3.docx
- Lesson 1 - Mersey Timeline.pptx
- River Mersey Information.ppt
Inside it you’ll find lots of things to work through that will help you with your writing skills and build on the work you do at school.
In English this half term we are focusing on a book called Here Comes Charlie Moon by Shirley Hughes. As well as writing in a number of different forms over the unit, we will build towards an end piece; which will include writing a newspaper article and a letter home to parents (from a long holiday away)
The skills we are focussing on in writing are:-
- Use present and past tenses correctly and consistently
- Use subordination (because, when, that)
- Use punctuation correctly (fullstops, capital letters, exclamation marks, question marks)
- Use apostrophes for possession
If you wish to practice writing at home with your child during this time, it will be useful for you to focus on some of the above skills.
Further support in English:-
Topmarks: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds (punctuation, spelling, reading activities)
Oxford Owl: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/please-log-in?open_loginbox=true (a range of online books you can read with your child at home)
BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv (phonics, grammar, punctuation, spelling, writing)
Teaching Ideas: https://www.teachingideas.co.uk/writing-fiction/creative-writing-ideas (creative writing)
In Maths, we are always recapping on our number and place value skills using three digit numbers that include subtraction (exchanging/borrowing) and addition.
We also continually focus on 6, 7, 8 and 9 timetables (useful games and links to support this are below).
- Comparing Fractions Same Demoninator Sheet 1.pdf
- Comparing Fractions Same Demoninator Sheet 2.pdf
- Counting up and down in tenths activity sheet.pdf
- Write the fraction activity sheet.pdf
- Year 3 Equivalent Fractions Worksheets.pdf
- Year 3 Fraction problems activity sheet.pdf
- Year 3 Adding Fractions Worksheets.pdf
We will be exploring angles using mathematical vocabulary and investigation.
We can begin by making and finding angles in shapes, then learn how to name certain angles, specifically right angles, acute angles and obtuse angles.
- Lesson Presentation Angles in 2D Shapes and Turns.ppt
- Activity Sheet Right Angle Fish.pdf
- Right Angle Finder Fish.pdf
- Activity Sheet Right Angle Fish Editable.doc
- Activity Sheet Right Angles in 2D Shapes.pdf
- Answers - Recognise Right Angles in Shapes.pdf
- Vertical Format - Recognise Right Angles in Shapes.pdf
- Horizontal Format - Recognise Right Angles in Shapes.pdf
History: Roman Britain
Focusing on Boudicca and exploring differing viewpoints was she a hero or villain?
To learn what life was like in Roman Britain and how it had changed after the Roman invasion.
Find out about everyday lives of people in periods studied.
Make comparisons of life today with those from different periods of time (e.g. Cooking, transport, weapons)
A Great resource would be The Horrible Histories Movie recently released on Satellite TV
- Ascension Day Newspaper Activity Sheets.pdf
- Ascension Day Differentiated Fact File.pdf
- Ascension Day Powerpoint.ppt
In RE we are starting our topic of Lent; looking at opportunities to start anew.
CAFOD: https://cafod.org.uk/Education/Primary-teaching-resources/Lent (a range of resources focussed on Lent)
CAFOD Kidzone: https://cafod.org.uk/Education/Kidz-Zone
Staying active is really important to I would recommend joining Joe Wicks every morning at 9am for a live PE session. They are great for getting you up and active.
Follow the link below to his Youtube channel to join in with his fun exercise routines every day in order to stay fit and healthy!
In Science we are looking at parts of plants.
We will identify and describe the functions of different parts of flowering plants: roots, stem/trunk, leaves and flowers
- Parts of a Plant Word Mat Cursive.pdf
- Lesson Presentation Parts of Plants.ppt
- Activity Sheet Parts of a Plant Labelling.pdf
- Activity Sheet Parts of a Plant Folding Leaflet.pdf
Explore the requirements of plants for life and growth (air, light, water, nutrients from soil, and room to grow) and how they vary from plant to plant .
- Activity Sheet Recording Results.pdf
- Activity Sheet Investigation Planner.pdf
- Success Criteria Grids What Do Plants Need to Grow Well.pdf
- Lesson Presentation What Do Plants Need to Grow Well.ppt
Investigate the way in which water is transported within plants.
- Activity Sheet Observing Changes.pdf
- Example Conclusions.pdf
- Activity Sheet Prediction Puzzle.pdf
- Lesson Plan Moving Water.pdf
- Lesson Presentation Moving Water.ppt
Forces and Magnets
Compare how things move on different surfaces
Observe how magnets attract or repel each other and attract some materials and not others.
Notice that some forces need contact between two objects, but magnetic forces can act at a distance.
For some fun science experiments you can try at home have a look at this site
There are lots of easy and fun experiments to do as a family.
In Geography we will be focusing on the city of Barcelona and the surrounding region of Catalonia in Spain.
Spain is in the continent of Europe can you do some research on Europe? Some ideas can be to see how many countries are in Europe? What hemisphere is it in? What is the EU?
Could you create a tourism video to advertise Spain (1 minute long) thinking about the best ways to travel, , its climate, , food, festivals and the culture.
Have a look at Catalonia. Where is it in Spain? What's special about it? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20345071
Can you compare Catalonia with Liverpool and Krakow.
- Capitals and Countries Worksheet.pdf
- Colour in the Euro Countries Worksheet.pdf
- Colour in the European Country Activity.pdf
- European Anagram Challenge Activity.pdf
- Europe Mountain Ranges Worksheet.pdf
- European Flag Activity Sheets.pdf
- Introduction To Europe Teacher notes.pdf
- Map of Europe With And Without Names.pdf
- Introduction to Europe PowerPoint.pptx
- Europe Information PowerPoint.ppt
This term we will be looking at leisure activities.
We will look at different sports and learn how to say and read them.
We will continue to look at numbers 1 - 39 saying/reading them in random orders and backwards.
Youtube has great videos to support your learning.
- Wartime Recipe Booklet.pdf
- KS2 VE Day Information PowerPoint.pdf
- 'Code-Cracking for Beginners' Morse Code Worksheet.pdf
- Union Jack Flag.pdf
- KS2 VE Day Differentiated Fact File.pdf
- KS2 VE Day Themed Colouring Pages.pdf
- KS2 VE Day Discussion Worksheet.pdf
- KS2 VE Day Information PowerPoint.ppt
- Union Jack Bunting.pdf
- Simple WW2 Spitfire Glider Activity Paper Craft.pdf
We will be exploring angles using mathematical vocabulary and investigation.
We begin by making and finding angles in shapes, then learn how to name certain angles, specifically right angles, acute angles and obtuse angles.
- Easter Chick Paper Model.pdf
- Easter Jokes Matching Activity.pdf
- Design Your Own Easter Eggs Worksheet.pdf
- Easter Multiplication Mosaics Differentiated Activity Sheets.pdf
- KS2 Emoji Easter Holiday WriteUp Activity Sheet.pdf
- LKS2 Easter Spelling Patterns Mosaic Activity Pack.pdf
- Easter Recipe Booklet.pdf
- Easter Egg Mindfulness Greetings Cards.pdf
- Spring Mindfulness Colouring Bookmarks.pdf